Welcome to the Foundation Umpire Education Course. This course has been designed to assist you in achieving the necessary skills and knowledge to be an effective umpire and enjoy your officiating role. The Foundation Umpire Education Course is a pre-requisite for obtaining a National C Badge.
The course looks at:
- A good umpire
- Getting started
- Umpiring techniques
- Rules in action
- Where to now?
We hope you enjoy the Foundation Umpire Education Course and discover the many rewards of umpiring our great game.
What you’ll learn
- The qualities and characteristics of an effective umpire
- The role of the umpire
- Effective Communication techniques
- Pregame/postgame responsibilities and preparations
- Understanding the blood policy
- Fundamental umpire techniques, incorporating techniques, positioning, vision and timing
- Game Management
- The basic rules
- Infringements and penalties
- Review umpire education pathways and update opportunities
Who is this course for
Aspiring new umpires.
- If notification is provided to Netball Australia (through firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to a learner completing the online Foundation Umpire Course, that they do not wish to proceed with the course, Netball Australia will refund the learner the full cost of the course, less the administration/processing fee.
- If notification is provided to Netball Australia (through email@example.com) after a learner has paid and subsequently completed the online Foundation Umpire Course, Netball Australia will not provide the learner a refund.